Click this picture to lead you to my other blog

Sunday 16 October 2011

New piece of Liberty Lawn

I have been away for a few days and there has been no progress on the quilt.  However, I thought you might like to see the piece of fabric I bought last week which I mentioned buying whilst writing my post?   I think it has possibilities?   I am now not sure where and how but it might well work?  The largest flowers are about an inch across and some are smaller, which is useful.


I folded the fabric and photographed both sides - the bottom half of the picture is the reverse of the fabric,  you have to look hard to see the difference, but it is there.  The colouring on the reverse is ever so slightly blurry which is useful - sometimes you need a bit of subtlety.


I might do some Broderie Perse with it because each flower is well defined which works best with that technique.  Too many printed flowers have indistinct edges which aren't ideal because then you have add definition with embroidery which is a chore and sometimes doesn't work.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Lovely fabric. It's hard to tell the difference between the right and wrong side of the fabric. I would probably have to mark my pieces to make certain I didn't get them reversed.

Vivienne at Vivebooks said...

Hi Mary I have been reading the blogs I've missed. How do you do it! Marvellous reading. And this one is soooooo pink! V x