Click this picture to lead you to my other blog

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Progress and problems

It is a few weeks since I last posted. The bereavement I had over Christmas has left me with no interest in sewing, in fact no creative spark at all.

I have, however, attached the baskets to the corners and have now started applying various hexagons and flower sprays to the inner border.

The sprays are still in their paper form as I need to feel a bit more creative than I do at the moment, to tackle them.

I have been auditioning fabric for a border to surround the blocks and this one would do the job beautifully -

but I only have this fairly small amount.  It is a vintage Laura Ashley border and though I am looking on eBay, I very much doubt if I will find any, but I live in hope.  I have a vague Plan B but it won't be nearly as effective, so I will hang on a bit.  If anyone out there knows or has this border I would be most grateful to buy some - I need about 10 yards.


Robin said...

Your quilt is just so lovely. The border you have picked out really enhances the inner blocks. Good luck with the search for more.

Every Stitch said...

I absolutely love this quilt! I am usually not a big fan of mauve but the way you have used it is beautiful - love the fabrics. I just have to keep having another look!!

Mary Jenkins said...

Thank you Hilda, I have always loved mauve but it has to be the right mauve. Some fabrics in the purple range are very harsh and to be avoided.

Glad you like the quilt, I must say it has been a challenge and still a long way to go!